Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Tuesday

We received a call from Mr. Dawson saying we could video the post tension work today so we hurried out to the site with cameras in hand.



I was expecting some kind of big truck that would put that kind of tension on the rebar cable....but WOW....it's just this small machine that is able to exert the 7500 pounds of pressure to stretch that cable tight.  This will help prevent the concrete from cracking in the future.
Don tried to get it on video for you.  Click on this link:
PostTensionCable

The 7500 lbs of hydraulic pleasure is multiplied by the cylinders to put a tension on the rods of from 20 to 30 tons.
Post-Tension Website

Here's the photo of my video man on the job!  :)


******************
Back to the work week after a long restful weekend.  We saw the APS trucks out in force this morning to switch out a couple more transformers.  I dread when it gets to be our turn and be without AC for a few hours.  

 
 
See those ugly spots on my camera lens?  Looks like I got some dirt inside the lens again while taking pictures of a dust storm.  We either live with them or buy another camera.  Can never seem to get rid of dirt inside the lens.  Dang!
 
I could see Jim Dawson out there talking with the crew.  Looks like they'll try to pour the sunken court Wednesday night.  
 
   
The September newsletter arrived this weekend.  There is an article that says we're still on schedule for a grand opening of the sports complex on November 5, just in time for the first fall league softball game.
Linda Balzan is working diligently on the set-up and staffing for the Sports Grill.  They'll use some kind of temporary trailer this year until the official Grill can be built.  There are so many exciting projects underway.

Sorry I didn't get to the pork steak dinner last night.  My dorky knee kept me home under an ice pack so I couldn't attend.  I should mend in a couple more days.
Posted by Picasa