Monday, May 15, 2017

Beautiful Weather

Haven't had any big construction news to share the last few days but I hear that the major contractors are on site today so we should be seeing more action soon.

We residents have plenty of action all by ourselves though.  Don and I were on our way to today's coffee and donuts event in the Santan Room.  Along the way I saw several folks out walking the dog or just out walking themselves and enjoying our beautiful cool weather.  There were several people on bikes carrying their backpack with pickleball paddles on their way to play.  There were golfers out on the course and swimmers up at water aerobics.  I said to Don that there wouldn't be many folks at the coffee because they're all out playing.  

I was surprised to see such a nice turnout when so many were busy elsewhere.








Thank you, MaryAnn Brown for keeping our summer activities.  Our sponsor this morning was Amazing Dental.  They also sponsored our Cinco De Mayo event.  This morning she reviewed their services with us again and it sounds very inviting to give them a try for the next Mexico dental appointment.  During the slower summer months, they will even allow the spouse to go along on the free bus trip back and forth.


Now for some miscellaneous pictures we take on our morning rounds.  
Golfers



JoJo and Richard are happy new home owners on Granite.  They said our blog truly enticed them to buy a house at Palm Creek.  Maybe I should apply for that friendly referral program??  LOL


Yes.  That's ME.  Had to take this picture and send it to my sons just to show what a good time old Mom can have.


Took this selfie at the pool last night as I spent some relaxing time at the pool. Sent it to my son up in Idaho where it was 32 degrees.  Tee Hee.


Water aerobics every morning.


Found Fernando and Mark Kenner checking plans for a new wall in front of a house on Granite.



Say hello to Gabe.  He is the newest member of our maintenance staff.




***********************************


A Florida senior citizen drove his brand new Corvette convertible out of the dealership. Taking off down the road, he pushed it to 80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair he had left.

"Amazing," he thought as he flew down I-95, pushing the pedal even more.

Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a Florida State Trooper, blue lights flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120. Suddenly he thought, "What am I doing? I'm too old for this!" and pulled over to await the trooper's arrival. 

Pulling in behind him, the trooper got out of his vehicle and walked up to the Corvette. He looked at his watch, then said, "Sir, my shift endsin 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a new reason for speeding--a reason I've never before heard -- I'll let you go." 

The old gentleman paused then said: "Three years ago, my wife ran off with a Florida State Trooper. I thought you were bringing her back.  

"Have a good day, Sir," replied the trooper.