Thursday, October 04, 2012

For the Birds

Ho Hum.  TV is really lousy so we shut it off and turn to our computers for entertainment.  I posted my regular Palm Creek entry for the day so will take a moment to post some fun stuff.  At least it's fun for me because I'm a bird watcher since childhood.

Kent Evans sent me these great photos of a Harris Hawk that landed in a pine tree on the 13th fairway.  Thank you, Kent, for sharing!


Have you ever been to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum in Tucson??  If not, you must make it a point to spend at least one full day there.  They have a program called Free Flight where you can see the raptors up close and not in a cage.  The trainers actually let the birds fly out in the open just over your head so you can see their beauty in flight.    See their website:
Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum

Here's a picture of a couple Harris Hawks I took from that website:


That's all.  See ya tomorrow.