Thursday, July 06, 2017

Ballroom Update


Over 88 people attended the big July 4 potluck held in the SanTan room.  That's a HUGE crowd for this time of summer!

Photo from Barb Poole


Don sent up the drone for a quick look from above.We stopped up at the ballroom this morning to check on progress. 



Here is a link to the YouTube video for those who can't open the file from this blog:






Later we saw Eddie (from our maintenance department).  He too has a drone.  LOL





With Art McCoy's permission, I donned a hard hat and went inside the fenced area for a tour.


These are the huge footings in prep for the new support beam.


After this gets approved by the city inspector, they'll finish with the rebar and place these steel grates in place.




I had a pleasant chat with this gent from Degan Construction.



Don had to stay outside the fence because he was wearing sandals.  I'd rather think I was more important and was therefore allowed inside.  LOL




The giant backhoes at the north 40 are still quiet.


These machines are HUGE.  I made Don stand in front of one so you get a better idea how big they are.
It will be fascinating to watch them in action.  


*************************



A Pilot Father's Love


Most people today think it improper to discipline children, so I've tried other methods to control my kids when they had one of those moments.

Since I'm a pilot, one  method that I've found very effective is for me to just take the child for a short flight during which I say nothing and give the child the opportunity to reflect on his or her behavior.  

 I don't know whether it's the steady vibration from the engines, or just the time away from any distractions such as TV, video games, computer, iPod, etc.  

 Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our flight together. I believe that eye-to-eye contact during these sessions is an important element in achieving the desired results. 

 I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son in case you'd like to try the technique.