Monday, June 05, 2017

Leveling the North 40 & Demo of the Ballroom

Crews are leveling the north 40 this morning and the water trucks are busy spraying to keep down the dust.  I was excited to see a woman driver among them.  Three cheers for her!








We sent the drone up for a bird's eye view.  That little machine is just awesome.





A demolition team is here to disassemble the ballroom.  Lots of electrical, plumbing, and AC equipment to disconnect.






Because of the digging by the new pro shop, some temporary sprinklers have to be set up to cover the grass around that area.



Jackhammers are busy inside the bistro area taking down remaining wall.  


I'll stop bragging about our wonderful weather now.  It was still pleasant at 5:00 early this morning but it is now 9:00  and my thermometer already reads 100.  Summer is upon us.


*****************************

Three boys are in the schoolyard bragging about their fathers. The first boy says, 'My Dad scribbles a few words on a piece of paper, he calls it a poem, they give him $50.'
The second boy says, 'That's nothing. My Dad scribbles a few words on piece of paper, he calls it a song, they give him $100.'
The third boy says, 'I got you both beat. My Dad scribbles a few words on a piece of paper, he calls it a sermon, and it takes eight people to collect all the money!'