It's hot but typical for the Arizona desert.
What is MY big news of the day?
We're having Don's bedroom painted today. Do you remember what his room looks like with all that flight simulator stuff and all the electronic gadgets??
It took us at least two hours to disconnect it all and move it into the living room.
It may take a while to get it all back up and running.
In the meantime, I'm sitting here in the library to make this post. Wish us luck in getting the house hooked up again.
P.S. I want to give a plug to Cooper Painting for the fantastic job they do. They'll have the bedroom done in no time. Very professional, experienced workers. We get to know them personally and the company is locally owned and operated by Paul Cooper. We HIGHLY recommend them.
We took a tour this morning to check on construction activity. All you see is dirt, trenches, pipes, and crews hard at work at whatever they're part is for the whole project.
Shouldn't be too long before they bring that awesome fancy curb machine to line the streets.
Here is another future house site. When finished like this, we just see the sewer pipe sticking up from the ground. You can only imagine how much work goes into all the underground pipes and wiring.
A 5th house has joined the new street.
Lots of dirt to move around after all that digging.
Here's looking down the runway of new pickleball courts.
Storage sheds have been moved and waiting for their new home wherever that will be.
Here's a pic of Don walking across the new pool.
Now I have a very important introduction to make: Say hello to Tom Keeler. Tom is the master carpenter that has built all the cabinets and counter tops here in the resort including the nice display cases in the library and now in the lapidary. He's pretty well tied up right now with all the projects he has to do for the park but when he gets free, he wants to do handyman work for folks.
He is exactly what many of us need for those household chores we're no longer able or willing to do. I'm first on his list to get my eave troughs cleaned so you'll have to be patient.
He has a website listed on his card: http://www.tdcountertopscabinetry.com/
He will also be listed on the resort's approved vendor list.
Tell him you found his name on my blog.
|Nice new counter and sink Tom installed in the lapidary|
THESE ARE ACTUAL COMPLAINTS RECEIVED BY "THOMAS COOK VACATIONS" FROM DISSATISFIED CUSTOMERS:
1. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nut.
2. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallarta to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned.
3. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."
4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price."
5. "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room."
6. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow."
7. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."
8. "No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."
9. "Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers."
10. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."
11. "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."
12. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."
13. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends' three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."
14. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the resort.' We're trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service."
15. "When we were in Spain, there were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."
16. "We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."
17. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."
18. "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."
19. "My fiancee and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."