Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Monsoon Season Continues

Arizona's monsoon season is absolutely fascinating.  These dust storms can appear in a matter of minutes, completely unpredictable.  This one chased us out of the swimming pool Saturday night.  We could see it approaching on the horizon so packed up and headed for home.


Yup.  Monsoon and high temps continue.  Copied this from last night's TV forecast.


Collage from Suzette Taylor


Sooooo much digging still going on. This is a HUGE project for the summer.



Crews are busy everywhere.  There are different crews and contractors each working on their own projects.  There are excavators for the underground pipes for homes, Blount's crew on installing houses, cement trucks galore doing work around houses and driveways, pavers and blocks being built around individual sites and along streets, etc etc





The water trucks do a wonderful job at keeping down the dust.  



Someday a photo like this will be a piece of our history for when Phase 3 was started and the first houses arrived.


Folks will be amazed at all the new houses within the park.  Desert Wind has a whole new street of houses.


Another golf course home is being dug.  There aren't many empty lots left!!

Empire Fence is here putting in all the posts on the new pickleball courts.




Say hello to Paul Hyslop from Empire Fence.  We recognize him from the last time courts were installed here.



Jose gets to dig out the holes for the posts.


We can't complain about the heat too much.  At least Arizona isn't on fire like the northwest!!  Myron Persing sent these photos this morning.  WOW!





*************************************

A "Seenager"

I am a Seenager. (Senior teenager)
I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 60 years later.
I don’t have to go to school or work. 
I get an allowance (pensions).
I have my own pad.
I don’t have a curfew.
I have a driver’s licence and my own car.
I have ID that gets me into bars and the Beer Store.
The people I hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant.
And I don’t have acne.
Life is great.




***************************