We had a spectacular sunset last night. We came out of the movies, saw the sky, and couldn't wait to get home and bring out the camera before it was too late.
Weather forecasters are warning us regularly that the hurricane is on its way. Phoenix is making up sandbags by the tons in preparation in case the storm hits like it did the last time. Keep an eye on the weather news tonight and keep your fingers crossed that we don't get hit too hard.
Today we have gray sky with heavy cloud cover. Right now we're at 82 degrees with 61% humidity. That means there's already a lot of moisture up in "them there clouds". It should be an interesting day.
We met Fernando while out on rounds this morning. His crew is prepared and ready to have a rainy day. If it rains, the whole crew will be indoors painting all the yardage markers and doodads from the golf course.
They will be reseeding the ballfield and palm park next week. Yesterday we stopped to chat with the landscaper who was trimming these trees. He was just recovering from another scorpion sting. Ouch!
Trees on the golf course must get trimmed so all the debris is picked up and cleared before reseeding. Soooooo much work and planning to do to keep our resort beautiful.
Have you heard about Casa Grande's "Doggie Dive-In"? Every year when the city closes the main pool, they sponsor this one day event. Sandy Morin sent this article and the pictures.
Cathy Paramore and Villa
Sandy Morin (Grace) with Donna Cox (Sophie)
How about some "one liners" today?
* I just got back from a pleasure trip. I took my mother-in-law to the airport.
* I've been in love with the same woman for 49 years. If my wife finds out, she'll kill me!
* Someone stole all my credit cards, but I won't be reporting it. The thief spends less than my wife did.
* We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops.
* My wife and I went to a hotel where we got a waterbed. My wife calls it the Dead Sea.
* My wife and I revisited the hotel where we spent our wedding night. This time I was the one who stayed in the bathroom and cried.
* My Wife was at the beauty shop for two hours. That was only for the estimate. She got a mudpack and looked great for two days. Then the mud fell off.
Have a GREAT day (and watch the weather report for Casa Grande).