Monday, November 07, 2011

The Geek Squad Lives Here

Remember the good old days when the men of the family would sit around the living room and discuss sports scores or try to solve the world’s problems?  It’s quite different with the men in my little family.  My two sons are here visiting and look what happens when I leave them alone for a while.  Kevin (on left) is surfing the internet on his smart phone while keeping the cat company, Don (at center) is watching videos and listening to music with his new tablet computer, while son Anton is playing a video game on the big screen TV. 

electronics blog

Later they headed to Best Buy and came back with another electronic gadget of some sort which had to be connected behind the television.  That kind of project is right up Kevin’s alley as he finds gizmos to be fascinating.

electronics blog

UGH!!!!   Look at all these remotes I found laying on the end table!!  It’s enough to cause me nightmares.  If I ever decided to watch TV, I wouldn’t have a clue how to turn on the set.  Mercy!

electronics blog

Then I walked past the kitchen counter where items were being recharged.  There’s a smart phone, tablet computer, kindle reader, and a laptop.  Is that why my electric bill is so high?

electronics blog

All this stuff pales in comparison to Don’s man cave where he has his flight simulator hooked up.  Take a look at this!

electronics blog

electronics blog

I’ve seen cartoons written about a maze of computer cables like this!

electronics blog

My work station at the kitchen desk is at least neat and tidy with my two computers.  I can watch a training video on the big monitor and practice on the laptop at the same time.

electronics blog

People keep asking us what we do for entertainment during the hot summer weather.  Now you know.