Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hot Hot Hot–Internet Access—8th Fairway cleanup—pickleball courts

hot (2)This excessive heat warning just came in through the email I have set for the local police watch.  The weatherman warns us regularly and now the police are doing the same.  Looks like we’ll definitely have a hot week ahead.  Connie Morin and I head up to the swimming pool in the evenings but it is like bath water now.  Anyone have a few tons of ice to donate?  The Channel 12 weatherman said we are having the hottest month of August on record.  How did the pioneers ever survive out here????????  Must have been some tough people!

AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO 8 PM MST THURSDAY. 

TEMPERATURE: RECORD OR NEAR RECORD DAILY HIGHS...MAINLY 110 TO 115 DEGREES. WELL ABOVE NORMAL NIGHTTIME LOWS...MAINLY MID 80S TO LOWER 90S.

Fullscreen capture 8232011 12225 PM

 

We have exciting news today. 

Internet Access

Crews are digging up the trenches to bring in the fiber optic cable for faster internet throughout the park.  The fiber optic cable will increase the bandwidth into the park and it will then go out to the individual sites through T1 lines.  Should make everyone a lot happier this year.  This is a huge investment for the Dish network folks and shows their dedication to servicing Palm Creek.

optic blog

optic blog

8th Fairway Improvement

Fernando and crew were out on the 8th fairway this week taking care of some of your complaints about the tree being in the way.  Complain no more….as it is gone.  We can brag about Fernando’s skill with the track hoe………………He is sharper with a track hoe than Wyatt Earp was with a gun.  (That’s a quote from Will Updyke! Open-mouthed smile)

pine 8 blog

pine 8 blog

pine 8 blog

pine 8 blog

pine 8 blog

Next … all the trees along the course are thinned and pruned by hand.

pine tree 8 blog  1014

Thanks again to Fernando and crew for all they do to keep the park beautiful.

Fernando blog

New Pickleball Courts???  Sewing Center???

Rumor has it that we’re going to get 20-24 new pickleball courts built over near the softball field.  I haven’t seen any action over there yet but sources here seem quite adamant that it is supposed to happen.  Existing courts will all then return to the tennis players. 

That modular building to contain the sewing center is still in the planning stages and awaiting permit approvals from the city.  Again….that is rumor sources only.  Haven’t seen or heard directly from any staff members. 

I probably shouldn’t put this here yet, but lots of folks keep asking so this is all I can supply.

 

Great Website

This is such a nice website for do-it-yourselfers or anyone doing repairs.  Very informative.

Do It Yourself Network

 

Another Poem from the Fromms

 

A POEM FOR MY GETTING OLDER FRIENDS
A row of bottles on my shelf
Caused me to analyze myself.
One yellow pill I have to pop
Goes to my heart so it won't stop.
A little white one that I take
Goes to my hands so they won't shake.
The blue ones that I use a lot
Tell me I'm happy when I'm not.
The purple pill goes to my brain
And tells me that I have no pain.
The capsules tell me not to wheeze
Or cough or choke or even sneeze..
The red ones, smallest of them all
Go to my blood so I won't fall.
The orange ones, very big and bright
Prevent my leg cramps in the night.
Such an array of brilliant pills
Helping to cure all kinds of ills.
But what I'd really like to know.............
Is what tells each one where to go!