Brrrrr.....it was 46 degrees on the thermometer when we got up this morning! I've been anxiously waiting for cooler temperatures but that sudden drop was a shocker. Our blood needs some time to thicken up after the hot summer. Soooooo....there was no coffee on the patio this morning. Instead I spent that cup of coffee indoors at my computer while I grazed through all the Palm Creek blogs to see if anyone was keeping them up to date.
WOW! Yes! The blogs look great and are soooo informative! Each of the clubs and organizations have their own blog to advertise their programs and upcoming events. If you're not aware of these blogs, be sure to check them out. Here's a link for you:
Mark this page in your favorites and visit it often.
With a resort as large as ours, the internet is really the only way to communicate to everyone.
Speaking of "fun" things.........I spotted two cute scooters buzzing around the park and wanted to learn more about them. This weekend they happened to drive by our site so I flagged them down to say hello. Say hi to Vern and Shirley. In the excitement of making new friends..........I inadvertently forgot the name and manufacturer of the scooters though. Duh. Guess you'll have to flag them down and get the info if you're interested. The scooters can go up to 25 miles per hour and turn on a dime. They reminded me of Segways but have three wheels and a seat making them a lot safer.
The upcoming week promises more fun. Have a GREAT time!
Here are a few "groaners" for you.
1. The fattest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.
2. I thought I saw an eye-doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical aleutian .
3. She was only a whiskey-maker, but he loved her still.
4. A rubber-band pistol was confiscated from an algebra class, because it was a weapon of math disruption.
5. No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.