Friday, April 12, 2013

Another Day in the PC Life

Thank you to Lynn Dodds for sending me the photos of the duck families!!  I haven't seen the babies yet but I just knew folks who live on the golf course would send a photo.  Thanks again!  I've had a couple people write to me and ask whatever became of the nest I photographed a while back.



More cactus photos I took as I ride along on my bike or golf cart.   They never get boring for me.  
 
 

I'm also fascinated by the different palm type plants around the resort.  They get some strange flowers and fruits.  As my Dad used to say..."Take time to look at the details."  Enjoy the wonders of Mother Nature.
 

This cactus is really a rare beauty!  Never saw one like this before with its fantastic huge yellow flowers.  Check it out at Site 1525 on Lone Star Lane.  I haven't met the residents there but I hope they'll be proud to show off their prize plant.
 

WOW!!  Check out these architectural drawings which depict what our new Bistro will be like.  These are on display up in the sales office.  There will be seating for 100 people at an outdoor Bistro area.  Nice big fire pits and a fireplace to keep us warm in the winter.  
 


Also on the construction agenda is more work at the pickleball courts.  More lighting is being installed so we'll have a total of 16 lighted courts.  They're also putting up poles along the inner walkway so shade can be provided.  There'll be over 270' of shaded walkway.  Yahoo!

*************

How about some clean holy humor to brighten your day:

*************

A minister parked his car in a no-parking zone in a large city because he was short of time and couldn't find a space with a meter.
Then he put a note under the windshield wiper that read: "I have circled the block 10 times. If I don't park here, I'll miss my appointment. Forgive us our trespasses."
When he returned, he found a citation from a police officer along with this note "I've circled this block for 10 years. If I don't give you a ticket I'll lose my job. Lead us not into temptation."

******************
There is the story of a pastor who got up one Sunday and announced to his congregation: "I have good news and bad news. The good news is, we have enough money to pay for our new building program. The bad news is, it's still out there in your pockets."
*****************
While driving in Pennsylvania , a family caught up to an Amish carriage. The owner of the carriage obviously had a sense of humor, because attached to the back of the carriage was a hand printed sign... "Energy efficient vehicle: Runs on oats and grass. Caution: Do not step in exhaust."

Posted by Picasa