Wednesday, September 22, 2010

More Happenings

The crews are in high gear getting ready for your return.  I went down Oasis today and saw a crew trimming the trunks of all the palm trees.  The trees get “skinned” down to bare bark….I think to minimize insects and improve appearance.    
improvements 001
 improvements 002
 improvements 003
Another tree on the 7th fairway was removed for the benefit of the golfers.  Bill says it will make them happy.
improvements 005
We’re also getting new plants outside the front office entrance.  Very nice improvement!
improvements 010
improvements 012
Plus a nice big Hong Kong Orchid Tree was placed in the big round planter by the front doors.  It is supposed to get beautiful big flowers.  
improvements 011
I also saw another new park model home placed on site 456 with a nice “sold” sign in the window.  Congratulations to the new owners…whoever they may be.
improvements 008
Here’s the nice paving stones by the entrance to #1 at the golf course.  More landscaping is planned in this area.
housewatch 005  I find it exciting and entertaining to just hop in the golf cart with camera in hand.  Ya never know what we’ll come across to share with you.
It was interesting to watch a motor home with mechanical problems being picked up for repair so we watched as it was loaded onto a truck. 
bill3 001Ranger Bob was there to safely direct traffic so, of course, I had to stop and say Howdy. bill3 003
We also made a visit to the new Chick-Fill-A restaurant located at the mall.  It is located very near Eye Masters so the parking is a little tricky….but that may be just because there were so many people present for the grand opening. 
chick fill a 001
chick fill a 002
One more subject before I leave you for this post:  Spiders!!   Some people opt not to have an exterminator come to spray their site during summer.  I approached one of my housewatch places and just backed away until I could go home to get a big broom or something to clear the way.  I tried to get a close up shot of just one corner of the entranceway.  The door was so thick with spider webs in just one month…there was no way I was going to open that door in its present condition.
housewatch 001 Need a good person for the job???  Hire Wade Paupst from Sunstate Pest Control.  He has rescued me on several occasions when I come across a nest of bees, stray scorpions in someone’s home, ants that have invaded a cupboard, or in this case spiders!  He charges $15 per month or $150 for a full year (that includes 2 free months).  He has always returned my calls promptly and always comes on time.
improvements 006
Thank you one and all for coming to read “The Blog”.