Saturday, July 01, 2023

July News & Tractor Supply Event

Welcome to July.  Triple digit temps are here every afternoon now.  Don't walk your dog on the HOT pavement.  Even the spiders have to wear shoes.

Offices will be closed on Tuesday, July 4, to celebrate Independence Day but our Chef is having his weekly special on Monday thru Thursday.  Join us in the Ballroom Cafe for hot dogs, hamburgers, baked beans and frys for only $8.  

Wednesday, July 5:  Movie Matinee in Ballroom 2 at 1:00 to see "A Man Called Otto" with Tom Hanks.  Free admission.  Sign up in Activities.

Tues July 11:  Coffee & donuts at 8:30.  Ticket cut off is July 7.

Wed July 12:  Ice cream social with a red, white, and blueberry Sundae.  Ballroom 1 at 1:30.  Get $5 in Activities by July 7.

Thur July 13:  Chef's Omelet Morning w/coffee.  Buy your $8 ticket in Activities by July 10.  Limited Supply.

Tues July 18:  iPhone tricks & Techniques by Sue Hepler (ME) 1:00 in the santan room.  Sign up in Activities.

Sooooo many activities this month.  Calendars have been placed in our mailboxes.

*****

We've lived in this resort for over 18 years and I continually come across some strange plant I hadn't noticed before.  We just need to slow down and view our surroundings I guess.  Look at this weird little palm tree ... right beside this huge round tree.


It appears that its growing out of a weird base.


And....I found another dove nestled in a cactus plant.


Arizona snow that gathers on streets and patios for the next couple months.


Out of curiosity, Don and I stopped by Tractor Supply this morning for their Saturday morning tent event.  It was GREAT and very interesting.  It was sort of like a craft fair but had such interesting booths.  Most of them were food items.  It was hard for us to decide what to buy as everything looked so good.  
****
I never saw a whole booth devoted to goat products!  I'm sending the info to our Activities department with a strong recommendation to set up a farm tour this winter when all the baby goats are born.  I had a great chat with one of the owners.



All the vendors seemed like such nice people and proud of their produce.  We had such a fun time visiting with so many.  I highly recommend you stop in on Saturday mornings...from 8:00 till noon.  Better make it closer to 8:00 because it certainly got HOT.  Felt sorry for the vendors!
Here's just a sample of some of the booths:
Cute crafts about bees

delicious baked goods

delicious baked goods

home made jellies..prickly pear too

baked goods...all delicious flavors

melons from a farm near Picacho

variety of sandwiches ... special Monte Cristo

Snacks and lots of goodies

I have no idea what these were selling?

Such a variety of goodies

and a small line of food trucks

This couple were selling mounted bugs.  Of course I found it fascinating!


Don doesn't care much for nachos but I bet he liked flirting with the pretty girls. 😇


Our good friends Jim and Linda Rainer from here in Palm Creek also had a booth there for their CBD products.  I told them they could point at me and advertise that I was able to walk through the whole event because of the CBD I had rubbed on my knees and back before leaving home. 😉

Jim and Linda Rainer
Rainer Wellness Products