Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Class & BD Breakfast

 


We had so much FUN at our iPhone class yesterday.  We learned lots of new tips and tricks to make cellphones easier.  Never stop learning!  I think, by popular request and feedback,  we'll hold more classes this summer to keep entertained.




On my way home after class ... and in the heat of mid afternoon 113°... I stopped to observe some dedicated  employees hard at work to keep our resort in operation.

Looks like some heavy duty work by the main pump station.



Even the ice machines can break down in this weather.  This is a sample of the "small stuff" we don't hear about when it comes to maintenance.


The palm trees seem to be just fine.  Look at the bountiful harvest of dates on his one.


After yesterday's phone class, I was playing with some photo apps.  My son sent me this picture of a little spider.

With a few clicks on my cellphone, I magnified the spider, drew the circle, and labeled it.


Then with Google Lens, I was able to research him as well.

Sometimes it's just fun to play with photos.


Today was the July Birthday Breakfast.  July birthday people get to go for free.  Others pay just $5 for a lovely little breakfast.  Our half burrito was yummy accompanied by two beignets & coffee.

I chatted with Chef while he was carving up some fresh chicken.  He says he likes to use fresh foods whenever he can.  Thus the chicken pieces out on the salad bar are "real" chicken instead of the packaged stuff one can buy.  He chops it all up into desired pieces for whatever recipes he has in mind, then individually wraps them and freezes them until needed.


Say hello to second-in-command sous chef Dean.  Dean will be full time helping in the kitchen.  Bridgett is on a brief vacation so Chef is filling in on her sous pastry creations.


As I'm told by readers, every blog entry needs to have at least one cat picture.   I thought it was cute when my son sent this one.  His cat insists on being able to see out even when the blinds are closed. Sooo....problem solved.  LOL