Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Happy Birthday to ME

 

Good morning to all and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!  Any and all of my friends will confirm that I love having birthdays and like to celebrate every day like a birthday.  I seldom, if ever, put my real birthdate on a social media site so when people find my name, they send me birthday wishes.  It's fun to celebrate more than one birthday.  😀

I'm VERY happy with my birthday gift this year.  We finally get our new air conditioner today!  In this summer's record-breaking heat wave, we've been struggling with an old machine that "usually" works but can't cool the house the way we want it.  

We researched some quotes and opted to go for Tri-Cor.  They have been here several times in the past weeks to keep our old unit running. 



Sean is dismantling the old unit.   


The new unit arrived via a large crane from the street behind our house.  Don said he never heard it arrive so didn't get any pictures!!  I was at a doctor appointment so wasn't here to capture the action.  I'm soooo disappointed about not having photos to share!  

I searched on Google Photos and found a picture from 2020 when a unit like ours was installed on the house next to us.

It's impressive that the entire unit was completely installed and running within two hours.

Just FYI,,,,the last unit was a 3 1/2 ton but we splurged and upgraded to a 4 ton.  If global weather keeps getting hotter, we want to be prepared. 😎


Also in the news this week is the continuing project of solar installation around the park.


We saw the crew doing some serious digging so stopped to get the story.


They're digging the trench to run lines and underground cables for the solar installation. The crew is from LA so stay here in town in a six bedroom ABNB.  I wish I had asked where in Casa Grande do we have a six bedroom house.

We had a guest speaker from the Casa Grande Museum yesterday who spoke about Pinal County Agriculture.  Arlo is a wealth of information on any kind of Casa Grande history.  I didn't get the best photo but want to give her credit for sharing the information.


I asked about the pecan tree orchard behind the promenade mall.  Arlo had all the answers and sent these articles.  She's awesome.



**NOTE:  The session was at 1:00 so we went up to the Ballroom Cafe for a delicious salad before the meeting.  USE IT OR LOSE IT!!  Don't forget to visit the Cafe frequently so the $numbers$ show how much we appreciate having the cafe open in the summer!!  This week's special is the yummy Monte Cristo sandwich with fries.


And lastly today...photos from our sons.  I always love hearing from them.
Kevin sent this awesome close up of a tufted titmouse at his window birdfeeder.  To me, as an avid bird watcher, this is a jewel. 

Son Anton is back at his art and is dabbling at watercolor.
He has a whole series of "Cat Dad" paintings.




LOL...I still get complaints if I don't include at least one cat picture.  Ok....Here is Kat patiently waiting for us to open the living room window so he can come back into the house from his cat condo.  I feel like a doorman as they request to go in and out.  It's another reason I'll be glad for cooler weather so we can just keep the window access open all the time.



P.S.  Thank you to all you readers for the birthday wishes and comments about the blog.  You keep me MOTIVATED.  😁

Have a GREAT day!!