Monday, May 13, 2019

Mother's Day

It was a beautiful bright blue sky with big white fluffy clouds and a fantastic 72 degrees this morning.  Just ideal for a nice bike ride around the park.

I noticed the pre-emergent spray has been applied along the entry way to the park.  We have a new company subcontracted to take care of the weeds for summer.  I must get a picture of their fancy truck as it looks pretty sharp.






It certainly is a pretty view looking down the 13th fareway.


I stopped at the north gate to chat with Ricki Persing who was on duty.  I'm guessing it is a pretty quiet job.  

Ricki says she loves looking over the cotton field across the street.


Later in the morning I logged onto the internet to play Mahjong with friends.  Shirley is way up in Canada somewhere but when we connect on Facetime, it seems like she is here in the room with us.


I tried to pull out some of my beading supplies to create some new earrings but it is an impossible mission with Mouse around.  He just won't leave the beads alone soooo.....all the beads went back into a big box under the bed. 

Since I can't bead, I thought I'd switch to the computer for a blog entry.
Kat says that's fine with him and he will keep me company.


I had sooooo much fun and entertainment from all the blog readers that wrote get well letters to Kat.  That was so awesome to get Kat fan mail.  Thank you all for the emails.  Certainly made my day!!

************************************

From that pretty blue sky in morning came dark rumbling clouds in the afternoon.  We had a lovely thunderstorm with rumbling thunder and a good drenching.