Tuesday, May 07, 2019

Bugs, Flowers, and Management News

We have big news for the many customers of Wade Paupst and Sun State Pest Control.  Wade will be on the Injured Reserve list for quite a few months due to some upcoming shoulder surgery.   We will miss his friendly smile and cheerful banter as he services our site each month.


Wade Paupst 

Say hello and give a warm welcome to Mark Hall from Enterprise Pest and Weed Services.  Mark and his two sons, Ralph and Josh, will be servicing our area in Wade's place.  Mark's company can also provide Pre & Post Emergent control for those persistent weeds that spring up while you're away.

520-836-0400

Wade Paupst and Mark Hall

*******************************

We had a VERY brief rain shower early this morning.  I have proof because our cart's windshield was spotted on our rounds.  If I didn't have this picture, I doubt anyone would believe me that it rained because this afternoon we're back to our beautiful clear sky.


*********************************

Here is today's floral and wildlife news:

Look inside the prickly pear flowers of some plants.  Soooo pretty.


Spotted this crazy plant at site 1240 this morning.  It will be fun to watch it grow and see how it develops.  Sorta looks like it has moose antlers.


This gorgeous shrub stopped us on our tour past Tom Gottfried's home at 1251.  The vivid yellow color really pops out.


I caught a great picture of a honey bee enjoying a bloom.


This crazy bug is a tarantula hawk.  They're quite large and their bright orange color is a good identifier.


If you see one, stay away!!


I spied a cactus wren on the palm tree right outside my kitchen window.  It's only the second one I've ever seen so I was excited.  It is the Arizona state bird.  I had to get a picture off the internet though as he was too fast for me.



*****************************************

Lynn Reiter shared this email she recently received from Scott Houle of Sun Communities.  I understand that Scott is our new corporate representative.

Hello Lynn -

I do in fact live in Arizona, Gilbert to be exact.  I moved here a year ago from Cape Cod Ma where I was an RV Resort manager for Sun.  I originally re-located to Arizona to become the regional vice president of 11 Sun manufactured home communities in AZ.  I was asked to come back to the RV side of the company in November and now have 10 RV resorts in 4 states (AZ, CA, OR, UT).

I do plan to put in quite a bit of time at Palm Creek but I wouldn't call it regular.  With Palm Creek as one of my 10 properties I have to try and spread myself out evenly.  I will be able to get there more often than most though and love the ability to just drop in with no notice.  I have every intention of getting Palm Creek back to its "Flagship Resort" status and I take great pride in the fact that I have Sun's top resort in my property portfolio.

Thank you

Scott C. Houle
Regional Vice President RV Operations and Sales
Sun Communities Inc.
Office 248-864-0121
Shoule@suncommunities.com