Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Today’s Tidbits

Oh my gosh….what a beautiful day in Palm Creek!  86 degrees, bright blue sky, lots of sunshine, and a cool breeze to keep us comfy.  Awesome!  To those of you who are enduring gray rainy sky, floods, mud, tornadoes, or snow…..my thoughts are with you.  Hot smile

 

Bob cell phone rescueI want to say a word of THANKS to a kind man who found my cell phone laying in the gravel this morning.  The phone must have slipped from my pocket while Don and I were out walking around doing house watch duties.  I had no idea where I lost it.  He found my number and called us to say he found it.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.  If any of you know Bob (with his RV currently in site 1613), please tell him he is now a hero.  Bob said he lost his cell phone once while out hiking so he knows how much it means when someone calls to say they’ve found it. 

 

     A new village home is now in place at Site 1789.  It was no easy job to get those two truckloads in place!  I just happened to be riding my bike in that area while all the action was taking place.  Hats off to the crew who managed to place the house so carefully, precisely, and safely.  It was a VERY tight fit to back the rig into place without hitting the palm tree in front or running into the other house half in the back.  It took a while of going back and forth until things lined up just right.  Good job fellas!  I’ll post a whole series of pictures showing the process.  Note that they also have to place logs (ramp style) where the road ends and the hole drops off.  Certainly requires team work!

As a last thought for today’s post, I must add this photo to tease our friendly Canadian residents.  Even the geese know it’s too cold to return to Canada.  Some are staying here to enjoy our warm spring temperatures!  geese