Wednesday, April 07, 2010

EARTHQUAKE!!

The earth truly rumbled this week during the Baja earthquake and we definitely felt it here in Casa Grande.  I was sitting on the patio soaking up the sun’s rays and reading a good book when it hit.  At first I wondered if I was getting sick or dizzy as it felt like I was floating in a boat.  Then Don came outside and said “did you feel that?  Earthquake!”  The neighbors started emerging outside as well.  Don Blair, across the street in his motor home, said he thought we were out there rocking his motor home (as we may have done before).  Others said they were awakened from a nap and couldn’t figure out what was happening.  We turned on CNN to get the news and find out where the epicenter occurred.  I’m convinced that I don’t ever want to be any closer than that!