Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Taco Bar Success + Next Week's Menu

 Congratulations to Chef and his crew for another highly successful and delicious Taco Bar!  Word has spread so we have an even bigger attendance.



I learned a new culinary term:  Seasoned barbacoa beef.  Chef sent the menu to me but when I saw the word barbacoa, I thought he misspelled it and I used the term "barbecued".  Little did I know that barbacoa was the correct term for the delicious cooked beef that was available for our tacos today.  Chef Maywalt is amazing!  Sorry I didn't get a close up of the beef.


Sous chef, Bridgette, was complimented highly for the delicious strawberry rhubarb pie she served up for us.  


As we sat at our table, I yelled at Don...."wait, wait.  Take a picture first."  Too late.  But you can still get an idea for how yummy it was.


In addition to preparing all the food, Chef and Bridgette work hard to keep our serving areas stocked and clean.  It's amazing that they can do so much with only three people this summer.


We keep Connie busy at the window taking orders and dishing up the drinks.  We still get beer at half price (only $3) for our lunches.  😁


Here's the menu for next week listing Chef's Specials.
 

Meanwhile, back home we must search and search to find little Scooter.  Where did he fall asleep this time?  Finally found him in our TV drawer.

Notice the squirt bottle resting nearby in an effort to save our window blinds. 😕

Kat has been VERY patient with little Scooter.  He "tolerates" Scooter's antics and then tries to hide away for a nap.