Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Menu & Class Schedule

 


Hallelujah!  I declare Don and I both back to good health without the croup.  I can finally get out of the house again so attended bingo last night.  I was pleasantly surprised to see so many people there who were brave enough to go out in the rain.  I can understand why as the jackpots were over $90 per game.  Both big jackpots were won last night so one player went home with over $400 and one who got the blackout game with only 52 numbers won over $600.  Nice!

It was fun to see the serving window open now.  We could purchase fresh popcorn, soda, and fresh cookies from the Bistro.  There seemed to be quite a line so folks enjoyed the service.


Gabby Gonzales was helping Deb with service at the window.  Congratulations to Gabby as she has officially been named as the new General Manager for Palm Creek.

*****
I'm back on track now so will be holding the iPhone class that I had scheduled.  We're set for Saturday, February 3, at 9:30 a.m. in Sonora South with a second session set for Saturday, February 10.  The first class will start with a lot of basics about using the phone.  The second session will be a review +++ with new items I've picked up along my studies.  I'm asking for a $5 donation for each class as I bought myself a new projector to make the class easier.  

I find it fun to teach and help people keep up with the new technology.  We all have our hobbies be they golf, pottery, cards, etc so mine is my phone.  I find it fun, fascinating and entertaining.  I even do one on one classes for those who want extra help.  There is a sign up sheet in Activities to let me know there will be some in attendance.