Wednesday, December 09, 2020

New Steakhouse

 

The City Planning Council has approved plans for the Texas Roadhouse to be built at the corner of Henness Rd and Florence Blvd. 😊In addition to that, there is also approval for another steakhouse to come to the Promenade Mall. πŸ˜€ It will be Hideout Steakhouse at 269 N Promenade Pkwy, Suite #121.   I believe that is on the corner by Tilleys.  I'll try to get some pictures next time I'm out that way.  (Of course that may be a while as I seldom venture out these days. πŸ˜’)

****

**On a personal note:  Don bought me a new bike for Christmas.  It even has a basket on the back so I can take a cat or two for a ride.


BUT.....Kat isn't thrilled with the adventure yet so we have to take things slow for a while.  He cries out as I ride down the street so I take him back home right away before I get arrested for animal cruelty.  I'm hoping he'll soon learn to enjoy the ride.


Our "Boys" look like they're posing.



Hey Readers:
Please write and let me know how you're surviving your winter away from Palm Creek.  I so enjoy hearing from you!!

From Pat Blakely, Site 92

***********

  


T’was a month before Christmas, 

And all through the town,

People wore masks,

That covered their frown.

 

The frown had begun

Way back in the Spring,

When a global pandemic

Changed everything.

 

They called it corona,

But unlike the beer,

It didn’t bring good times,

It didn’t bring cheer.

 

Airplanes were grounded,

Travel was banned.

Borders were closed

Across air, sea and land.

 

From March to July

We rode the first wave,

People stayed home,

They tried to behave.

 

When summer emerged

The lockdown was lifted.

But away from caution,

Many folks drifted.

 

Now it’s November

And cases are spiking,

Wave two has arrived,

Much to our disliking.

 

It’s true that this year

Has had sadness a plenty,

We’ll never forget

The year 2020.