Tuesday, September 22, 2020

It's still hot!

Triple digits haven't left us yet but at least its not over 110 anymore.  Mornings are cool in the 70s so that's our source of relief to breathe fresh air instead of AC.


The forecast today called for 30% chance of rain.  
Well............here it is.  Five whole drops fell on us this morning.  It never did rain.





The cats spotted a woodpecker hammering away on a house behind us.  That kept them occupied for a few minutes.


I had an interesting experience today.  It's not pertaining to Palm Creek but at least its something to write about.  I ordered an item from Amazon but wanted to return it.  Their website says items can easily be returned by dropping them off at Kohls department store.  It sounded too good to be true but I clicked a button on the Amazon website and it printed out a QR code.  That's all I needed.

Kohls has a new booth set up in the store for Amazon returns.  I didn't even have to package the item.  The lady just scanned the code I had printed and said that's all that was needed.  Then she handed me a coupon for 25% off any purchase I made in the store that day.  

It was weird to walk through the store.  Everyone was masked.  Very few customers.  All the merchandise was very neatly displayed but it's all winter items already.  I couldn't bear the thought of trying on a long sleeve sweater so quietly left the store.  It was my first outing of that kind in several months.

***********
We saw Marion Nelson this morning.  She is excited to finally being able to put out some kind of calendar for events.  She's worked very hard to obide by the Covid restrictions.  Calendar should be published soon.