Friday, July 12, 2024

Hello Again

 I wonder what percentage of you blog readers have survived at least one knee replacement.  It seems when you sit around a card table, a good number of people have experienced the surgery.  Those who have, can certainly understand the pain involved.  Ouch!!  I remember quoting "well, the first two weeks are living hell and then you start to recover."  I'm still within those two weeks so haven't been able to sit long enough at the computer or concentrate enough to get much done.

It's a rough summer for we Hepler folk as Don has had some TIA or heart problems so seems to be at the doctor more often than me.  Until they discover why he gets light headed or dizzy, I'm afraid to let him go out to do housewatch chores in this intense summer heat.   He's been going out to do a few but we are a little behind on our schedule.  We'll get it all done but we're both a little slow.  This too shall pass.  (we hope!)

Here are some pictures Don brought home this week.  It looks like some major water line work being done on Cole Circle near Mica and Cobalt Lane.







There is also a nice sized "pond" on fairway #7 which we assume is residue from the main break.  It certainly isn't from a recent rain storm!  Don stopped and talked with Ken at the front gate.  Ken said the ducks are having a wonderful time on their new playland.






I haven't been out of the house so that's all the news for this briefing.  I've heard from a couple folks that the summer meals are still great!  In the meantime, I certainly have little Scooter to keep me entertained.



An open drawer is an open invitation.  


Scooter tries to help Don fill the ice machine for me.


Why the two of them like to cuddle up on top of an end table, I'll not know.  Kat just tolerates the little white wizard.


Have a GREAT day!