Thursday, May 18, 2023

Ballroom Cafe

 We're so thankful for our new Ballroom Cafe being open this summer!  It makes a great gathering place as you just invite the neighbors or friends and say "Meet you at the Cafe for lunch".

Chef Maywalt, Bridget, and Deb have been busy preparing goodies for us.


Now in addition to our GREAT all you can eat salad bar, Chef has also started his specialty meal of the week.  Don calls it "man food" as he tires easily of a light salad.


Of course there are always delicious pastries for breakfast or to sneak home for a snack.


I missed this opportunity today.  I was done eating already before I spotted Bridget's surprise dessert of the week.  I'll definitely be on the look out for what comes next.  As shown by the display case, her treats are popular.


Our weather is starting to heat up for summer as we had our first triple digit yesterday at 102.  Thankfully, it still cools down at night so our mornings are truly delightful.  I do so enjoy hopping on my bike (Sue's Harley) and taking a nice ride around the park to see what's blooming for the day.  I think I'll post a few beauties or unique items each time I post.

This shrub is a real award winner!


I'll definitely be watching this cactus to see it when it opens.

The cactus don't have to be BIG to be beautiful.  Look at this tiny masterpiece I found in Tom Gottfried's succulent bed.

Some plants really get carried away when they're in full bloom.

I spotted these unique small pepper plants at a site.  Really caught my attention.


I've seen some tall spikes on the agave plants...but look at this strange one.  It's so TALL and thin compared to any others that I've seen around the park.


Our new cat condo is very popular as "the boys" (Kat and Mouse) enjoy their mornings on the patio with us.  To those residents who are still here for the summer....be sure to wave and say good morning as we're outside for our early morning coffee.