Thursday, November 18, 2021

Beautiful Weather!

 Our beautiful fall weather continues with lows in the 50s and highs in the 80s.  Gorgeous blue sky and occasionally a cloud that turns a beautiful pink at sunset.  Our residents are definitely outdoors to enjoy the fresh air.

All the shuffleboard courts are full each morning.

Softball is in full swing.

Lawn bowlers are rolling.

The batting cage gets used.

Golfers are enjoying the fresh green grass.

It is a joy to ride around the park on my little scooter to watch the action and take photos for the blog.  Most people wave a friendly hello so you can't help but smile at the warmth of our community.


I get many questions about the bike so here are the answers:
1,  What brand is it?  It is an e-wheels e-Wheels11 classified as a mobility scooter.
2.  Where did you buy it?  on Amazon!  Where else?? 😉  Just search for e-wheels scooters.
3.  What did it cost?  We (Don) paid $2,346.71 which includes tax and shipping.  I checked the site today and see that price has increased to $2,599.  We purchased in March 2021.
4.  How fast does it go?  A roaring 12 mph.  Perfect speed for Palm Creek.
5.  How often do you charge it?  I charge it about every third day as I ride a lot.  It is supposed to go 40 miles on a charge.....but I haven't found that to be true.
6.  Is it street legal?  I don't know and I don't care as I have no plans for riding out of the park.
*PS.  I absolutely love this little bike and enjoy riding it every day.  Thank you, Don, for a GREAT gift.

**PSS.  A friend here in the park has an identical bike and is going to sell it as she finds she doesn't have a convenient place to park and needs her golf cart instead.  If you're interested ($2500) email me and I will send you her contact info.



Another word of "thank you" to readers who have contributed to the blog fund.  We no longer have a box sitting out on the patio but it is certainly rewarding to get a card or two in the mail these days.  A special thanks to those of you who are still back home in the cold due to travel or health delays.  We'll continue to share our sunshine and warm temps via photos and video.

COMMUNITY NEWS

There is a huge construction site across the road from Safeway on Cottonwood and Trekell.  This will be 174 single family homes in a gated rental community.  As I understand from reading on the construction website, they will be rental homes and will be run like an apartment complex.



I haven't seen any recent information posted, but I also read earlier this fall that the area will contain a large auto wash facility.