Saturday, May 29, 2021

Memorial Day Weekend




Friday of Memorial Day weekend.  All Palm Creek offices are closed for a four day weekend (including the mail room where my packages await me 😒.)  Our roofing crew still worked on Friday though.


I am amazed to watch these men at work up there on that HOT roof.  Today I watched them with these huge saws so they can shape the tiles for corners.  I could never do that on solid flat ground much less up there on the slanted roof.


Take a second to play this small video.
(If videos don't work on your phone, go to YouTube and search for Sue Hepler.)


I still get to see the occasional cactus flower and can't resist getting their photo.  These were at site 630 so if you know the owner, you can send them the picture.



I spotted this big water truck going up and down the streets spraying this huge arc of water across the gravel sites.  I'd never observed this before so found it interesting.  Maybe it is just to keep down any dust?  I'll inquire about it on Tuesday to get the facts.


The driver abruptly shuts off the spray when he nears a house or RV.


WOW!!!  Look what Don and I spotted on our rounds this morning!!  I've never seen a pheasant in here before.  Beautiful bird!  He didn't have the typical long tail feather but maybe he is a juvenile?  Do any of you hunters have some info??


He strutted around like he owned Granite Drive.


We still have our beautiful early morning temperatures although it definitely heats up by 10:00a.m.  



You readers always ask for more cat pictures.  I heard my critters playing with the floppy fish so thought I'd get a cute photo for you but when I entered the room, all action ceased.  They just sat and looked at me..........."What do you want Mom?  We weren' doing anything wrong."  To me they look guilty of something.  😺😸